The first week of January, God kept putting this thought in my heart and in my mouth, in English and Russian. I said it to 3 or 4 different people during that week talking about things from fundraising to having more kids or not.
I’m doing a new thing.
I want to remember this. Renewal is essential to growth. And now, the work of years is coming into “a new thing” in several spheres of my life:
- Considering putting the girls into school is a new thing.
- Moving out of childbearing years is a new thing.
- Fundraising to 100% is a new thing.
- Midwifery studying coming back is a new thing.
- Cleaning out my relationships with some people in our church here is a new thing.
God is doing a new thing in old things.
I looked up that phrase, a new thing, and it’s from Isaiah 43:
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland…..to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.
Yes, that I may proclaim His praise!
And, Lord willing, I’m at an age of maturity in the Lord when I can wait patiently to see the new things come to life in God’s perfect way and time.