I love looking back and looking forward. Can I just be anti-popular-slogan for a moment and say that living in the present feels like the pits sometimes, if I’m honest. Even though everyone says to live in the moment. I try to do that, but some moments are better as memories — ha ha.
So I love looking back at what great things happened in 2016– not in chronological order!
- We finished 4th grade video school!
- Vitaliy took a trip to the taiga in Russia!
- I hosted two breastfeeding meetings for pregnant and breastfeeding gals.
- We had MomHeart group meetings (gals in our church)
- I studied and grew in my ability to express hospitality!
- I read through the Bible chronologically.
- I went through counseling about some unhealthy church past things that I couldn’t let go of. As a result, I confessed some sins, and I generally feel safer and happier in our church (I’m not the only one changing).
- I started baking a lot more for church things– I was asking God how to express love to our church more in a way that involves my emotions, and baking it is! I love group baking.
- Introvert Anne offered “intentional friendships” to moms in our church who want that relationship– we mostly do this by writing. A few personal meetings.
- We started 5th grade! I’m doing tons of reading aloud, which I’ve always imagined doing!
- I started working out at Curves 3 days/week.
- I lost the remainder of the weight I want to lose, and I’m maintaining.
- I moved forward in our fundraising (more to come in 2017 goals)
- I made a lot of videos for moms in our church, sharing some things God’s taught me, encouraging them to love their children and look to God for love and wisdom.
- Vitaliy and I wend skiing together and had a great time (I did something he loves 🙂 )
- One of my goals was to support Vitaliy in all the ministry he’s doing, and I think I did a great job of that overall.
- We as church moms starting fasting and praying for our children once a month.
- I semi-discipled a girl through a Bible study book for kids.
So, thouse are some things I remember about 2016. It was a good year 🙂 Looking back, I would chose the work “self-discipline” for that year. After years of prayer, God seems to be bringing fruit in that quality of life in the Spirit. I’m looking forward to developing even more in that.